Wanna start an indoor/outdoor nursery. I have plenty of space indoors and out. I don’t know what kind of plants to put where  or what would be good to grow first. I am completely clueless.

• Like 1

I am busy building a community garden at a local coffee place. I hear what you mean, and it becomes overwhelming at times. Draw up a business plan, finances, go around to another nurseries to get ideas. One small step at a time. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think you should start maybe talking to people that you know and live in you area/community and first find out if you have a market I doesn't help you have a product and nobody to sell it to.

You would also have an better idea what to grow then and then finance and logistics communication and you do marketing right you should be good.

If you committed, go for it. It's going to be a long haul dream that much I  can tell you. 

We used to be a nursery purely supplying the events industry till covid put a stop to that.

Living in a remote location, as Chris says, find a target market. 

We concentrate on indigenous plants to our area.

Succulents unfortunately are so 60's already unless you specialize on that product.

Indoor plants are good sellers but a little bit more work.

Fruit tree saplings is another favourite but as indoor plants you have to be patient and committed. 

It's taken us 5 years to bounce back but because we listen to what our locals want the @West Coast Vaper has a secret garden nursery that we take orders to take cuttings (cloning basically) on order.

Wish I could have same set up for my cannabis. 

Just keep plugging at it.

Good luck. 

7 hours ago, Wietsche said:

I think you should start maybe talking to people that you know and live in you area/community and first find out if you have a market I doesn't help you have a product and nobody to sell it to.

You would also have an better idea what to grow then and then finance and logistics communication and you do marketing right you should be good.

And this advise