First Grow Log - For Science 🧬

Hi there. 

First time indoor grower here, running a Leca Clay medium rDWC set up, with plants at about 7 days old (post germination). 

IMG_3884.thumb.jpeg.6bb51006955876396b3af3f1dc2fc52c.jpeg

My light is an 600W HPS on a 600/400/250 dimmable electronic ballast. I currently have it dimmed to 250. (I’ve heard this isn’t the best?)

I’ve got an extractor fan ventilating a 1.4.m * 1.6m * 1.8m tent, with a 15cm circulation fan inside, as well as a humidifier and the odd damp towel. 

Seeds are 2x Alien Kush Autos, 2x Gorrilla cookies Autos

Last checked the PH was still around 6-6,5 (using drip tester so hopefully) and EC around 0.49 (if I’m even reading this thing right). Trying to keep the humidity higher for the seedlings, and temps staying around 22-26 C average, with the temps inside the air of the reservoir 20-24 C avg (not sure if this is a concern?) and the water temps around 21-23 C (sometimes peaks to 25 briefly). Everything fluctuates quite a bit however. 

Got most of my equipment for free so hoping this was worth the time, and that I hopefully get something out of it, any advice would it awesome 🙌🏼🙏🏼

I’ve got a bunch of nutrients stuff as well, will list when the time comes up I guess around week 2ish? (Side note, I am concerned about the long stems.)

IMG_3869.thumb.jpeg.ed47889c75da56ae69f7f1ae5db06bb3.jpeg

IMG_3873.thumb.jpeg.d7f07cce7fda26408a2b70a844bf2a54.jpeg

IMG_3870.thumb.jpeg.9a95348697ffae62b40e03f1d2154a6c.jpeg

IMG_3872.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg

IMG_3871.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TheLazyFisherman said:

Howzit bud. 

Dimming a 400/600w bulb to 250w you losing some of the spectrum. Rather get 250w bulb when running 250w on yiur ballast. With my old Lumii kits I had all 3 bulbs 250/400/600

Dimming hid is not the same as dimming led